It's been all about 'under the sea' for this month. Inspired not only by the beautiful papers from bo bunny and 49and market. But also the the textures of shells and hessian, with tulle and seam binding.
- This 9" altered wooden hoop was made with a piece of scrap material stretch around the hoop as if ready to sew onto it.
- Then i painted it with a light white gesso. next adding some Platinum crackle paint and finally stamped blue script with some moments inks.
- The papers were scraps cut off from a previous make. Using up even the part you think you maybe don't need!
- I added some wooden leaves and mulberry paper flowers and even some pieces from some old costume jewellery that i had cut up! I was honestly never gonna wear that 80's jewellery again! lol
- The quote in the middle i designed and printed on to some acetate to add as an over lay
- I filled a very small bottle with Stickles gold glitter glue and glued up the cork so it wont leak.
- Finally adding my mermaid from scrapineic.
These are pretty quick to make once the initial hoop is painted and stamped. I find letting the layers dry naturally works much better than using a heat gun but if you wish to hurry the process up then once the products are touch dry then they are usually ok to heat from a distance - please always check manufacturers advice though.
Thats all for now
Happy Crafting Pickles